Updates on our house:
- Our attic is all re-wire and Brian set up everything for our ceiling fans (they will be here next week). We also blew in 18 inches of cellulose insulation in the attic.
- We have our new dishwasher; it is sitting in the dinning room.
- The kitchen is still all torn up. Our cabinet came in yesterday, but our contractor can not come finish the kitchen until after Thanksgiving.
- Once the cabinets are in/dishwasher is in/stove moved/walls are put back up, we will then have to order the counter tops (Hopefully they won't take as long as the cabinets)
- We got an area rug for the living room!
- We have an extra bed now for a couple months... so if you're going to visit, hurry up and visit if you don't want to sleep on an air mattress :)
My mom, Mike, and Kara are coming out next week for Thanksgiving. They will be here Wednesday though Sunday I believe. We are looking forward to spending some time with them :)
Church stuff is going well. Last Sunday we had 9 teens in both Sunday School and Sunday night. We are having a bonfire and movie event tonight. Our bonfire is going to be massive (it's a whole shed). It sounds like we are going to have a lot of teens there. In March we are going to winter camp in PA (a different one than were we went last year). Brent's hopes are to take 20 teens with us.... my hope to is to not be on crutches this year for winter camp (last year it was 2 days after I tore everything in my ankle).
Our good friends Ryan and Modesty will become parents by Monday. Modesty was due yesterday and they are planning on inducing her on Monday.
For Christmas we will only be home for about a day and a half. I now have to work Christmas Eve until 2:00 or so. We will leave after I get home from work to drive to Michigan. As of right now, we are planning on staying until Saturday afternoon so we can be back for church on Sunday.
I think that's a brief overview of everything going on. I'll try to update again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment