Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Short Update

My ankle still is really sore. All of the bruising and swelling is gone, but I have very little ROM and still can't bend three of my toes. I go back to see the doctor tomorrow, so we'll see what he says.

I have another fun little injury too. On Sunday we had our Valentine Banquet at church and I was in charge of all the food. On Sunday morning I was starting to get things ready. I was opening cans with the little poppy top things. One of them got stuck and so I yanked on it and somehow my finger go in the way. I got blood all over the floor, but none in the food:) It gushed for a while, so I let someone take me to the medical aid unit and I got three shots and then four stitches. Most of the pain is gone now, but I just have to keep the stitches covered..and it's on my right hand, so it's pretty much just a pain now.

Brent's doing well... not hurting himself. But his car was sick and it cost a lot to make it better. We tried doing it ourselves, and even had a friend who is a mechanic come over and help. But because of where the alternator is in his car, it was too big of a job to do in the driveway. We had to have it towed too because the battery was so fried. But after way too much money and a couple hours, it was all fixed and Brent was happy to have his car back and working well.

1 comment:

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

hope your doctor's visit went well... you really need to stop hurting yourself!! :)